Costs & Financial Aid

Financial Aid | Certificate of ResidenceTuition & Costs | Part-time Tuition |
Housing Costs | Books Estimate | View Your Bill Online | HEERF |

Financial Aid

Attending college is a commitment in both time and resources. We want to make sure you have available to you the resources to be successful. At SUNY Corning Community College (SUNY CCC) financial aid (federal and state) is available to the majority of our students to assist in paying for educational pursuits.

It is important to apply early for financial aid. Our priority date for the Fall semester is May 1 and for the Spring semester is October 1. If you have missed these dates, apply immediately. You must reapply for financial aid every year. For more information on applying for financial aid, please visit our Financial Aid Getting Started step-by-step guide.

Mastering personal finance just got easier with Financial Avenue and the Knowl
SUNY Smart Track | Empowered Financial Planning
Identify your own personal money philosophy, gain knowledge of key personal finance concepts from budgeting to investing, and come away from each course with a customized action plan to translate concepts into behaviors. Using this resources will also assist you to strengthen your understanding of topics specific to student borrowers like FAFSA, the financial aid process and student loan management and repayment.

We are here to assist you! To learn more about the financial aid process at SUNY CCC or to connect with us, please visit our Financial Aid Office webpage. Additional resources can be found online by visiting the following pages:

Tuition & Costs

Start at SUNY Corning Community College to get a high-quality education at an affordable rate. Whether you plan to continue on to a four-year school or immediately enter the workforce, you will graduate from SUNY CCC with a door-opening degree without accruing an overwhelming debt.


Full-Time, Resident Student: 12 or more credits, Fall or Spring, Living in a Double Room^
  NYS Resident with Certificate* Non-NYS Resident without Certificate
Tuition $2,534 $4,148
Perry Hall Resident Room/Board (Double Room Rate) $3,425 $3,425
Meal Plan - Required for Residents $1,842 $1,842
Mandatory Student Fees $  378 $  378
Estimated Total (Tuition, Residence Hall, Meal Plan, Fees) $8,179 $9,793

^ In addition to the above charges, additional fees may be assessed to cover individual courses and programs of study. Specific fees may be found in the College catalog or discussed with the financial aid office.  

* Pennsylvania students who live in Perry Hall receive the Keystone Scholarship, which allows them to pay the New York resident tuition rate instead of the out-of-state rate.  

*Certificate of Residence (COR) required from county as proof of NYS resident. To qualify for the New York State tuition rate, you must reside in New York State for at least one year before you complete the Certificate of Residence application. Certificates must be obtained from the county and submitted to the Student Accounts Office within 30 days from the start of the semester. COR application form and instructions for each county are at  Staff in the Educational Planning Center can help you with completing the application and notarizing it for you.  

Part-Time Student: .5 to 11.5 Credits
  NYS Resident with Certificate* Non-Resident or NYS Resident without Certificate
Tuition per Credit Hour $211.00 $346.00

Books Estimate: $500 - $700 (per semester)

Additional fees assessed for Labs and specific courses in some programs, i.e., Nursing, Automotive, etc. Please see course descriptions for intended programs; if fees are applicable, it will be noted in course description.

All costs are by semester and subject to change.

Tuition statements are sent electronically through your MyCCC beginning in July for Fall and December for Spring. Payment by self-pay, using financial aid, or other payment arrangements is expected prior to the start of semester.

View Your Bill Online

Once you have registered for classes, you can use our online system, MyCCC, to view your bill, see your financial aid status, and much more.

How to use MyCCC | Access MyCCC

HEERF II Student Aid Emergency Grants

For Spring 2021

The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) is authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260.  As a result, SUNY Corning Community College received $968,724 to be used for financial aid grants to students with demonstrated exceptional financial need.

Who is eligible?

  • Students must have been matriculated and registered in courses as of the census date- February 21, 2021.
  • Must have completed the 2020-2021 FAFSA application as well as all required verification paperwork, if selected for verification.
  • Student must demonstrate exceptional need, with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) between $0-$5,711. The EFC is the information given on the confirmation page of your FAFSA application.

What can the HEERF II Student Aid Funds be used for?

HEERF II funds can be used by students for any component of the student’s cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care) or childcare.

How will I know if I am approved for HEERF II Student Aid Funds?

You will receive an email from the Office of Financial Aid if you meet all eligibility criteria

How much funding will I get from HEERF II Student Aid Funds?

The maximum amount awarded will depend on your 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the number of eligible students.  Please note that award amounts will vary based on Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and will vary from school to school based on the formulas used.  Spring 2021 HEERF II Student Aid Funds is a one-time, non-renewable award. 

Will HEERF II Student Aid Funds affect my other financial aid?

HEERF II Student Aid Funds will not affect other financial aid awarded to you.

How will I receive my HEERF II Student Aid Funds?

The HEERF II Student Aid Funds will be disbursed to the student via Bank Mobile or paper check if a student has not established an account with Bank Mobile at the time of the disbursements.   Students can “opt in” to apply all or a portion of the HEERF II Student Aid funds to their outstanding balance for Spring 2021 or previous balances owed at the college.  Included in the email notification there is a link to the ‘opt in’ form that will need to be completed to have money paid towards your bill.

Do I need to report HEERF II Student Aid Funds on my federal tax return?

HEERF II Student Aid Funds is considered a qualified disaster relief payment under section 139 of the Internal Revenue code, and thus is excluded from income. For more information, see the Frequently Asked Questions section of the IRS Coronavirus and Economic impact Payments: Resources and Guidance webpage.

What if my emergency aid funding is not enough?  Can I appeal or request additional funding?

We are not able to accept appeals or requests for additional funding.  However, if your 2020/2021 FAFSA does not accurately reflect your or your family’s current economic situation due to a job loss or change in marital status since 2018, you may submit a Special Circumstance Appeal for your 2020/2021 FAFSA.  

Special Conditions- Dependent Students

Special Conditions- Independent Students

Have Additional Questions? 

Please email