Center for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Mission: The Katherine P. Douglas Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (Diversity Center) at SUNY CCC is a cultural, educational, and social space on the Corning Community College campus to represent and advocate for the concerns and challenges of our community members. The Center is fueled by a spirit of community, understanding, and respect as well as collaborative leadership that fosters the sharing of experiences, resources, and talents with each other and with the greater community.
Goals & Objectives: We seek to promote a supportive environment for students to live, learn, and grow as members of the college and the greater community and as individuals. We are committed to developing an understanding of differences through educational, cultural, and social activities and to assist in the recruitment, transition, and retention of students at Corning Community College.
- Provide services and opportunities to meet the academic and personal needs of our students from diverse backgrounds.
- Assist our students with referral information from SUNY CCC sources including Financial Aid, Career Services, Counseling and Faculty.
- Work with the Admissions office and other offices to recruit and retain a diverse student population.
- Provide quality educational, cultural, and social programs and initiatives that help create a campus climate that welcomes diversity.
- Promote social justice and embrace intersectionality.
- Cultivate an understanding of our differences, celebrate our differences/commonalities, and empower the voices of our students.
- Plan programs and activities that will enhance the educational experience of all students.
- Serve as a resource and advisor for diverse student organizations.
Executive Director of Human
Chief Diversity Officer
Title IX Coordinator
SUNY CCC is committed to ensuring welcoming and inclusive events.
The Diversity Center is named in honor Dr. Katherine P. Douglas, who served as president of SUNY Corning Community College from 2011-2019.