Center for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Goals & Objectives: We seek to promote a supportive environment for students to live, learn, and grow as members of the college and the greater community and as individuals. We are committed to developing an understanding of differences through educational, cultural, and social activities and to assist in the recruitment, transition, and retention of students at Corning Community College.
- Provide services and opportunities to meet the academic and personal needs of our students from diverse backgrounds.
- Assist our students with referral information from SUNY CCC sources including Financial Aid, Career Services, Counseling and Faculty.
- Work with the Admissions office and other offices to recruit and retain a diverse student population.
- Provide quality educational, cultural, and social programs and initiatives that help create a campus climate that welcomes diversity.
- Promote social justice and embrace intersectionality.
- Cultivate an understanding of our differences, celebrate our differences/commonalities, and empower the voices of our students.
- Plan programs and activities that will enhance the educational experience of all students.
- Serve as a resource and advisor for diverse student organizations.
CCC Diversity, Equity, Inclusion PLan 2021-2024
Hannah Jones (she/her/hers)
Babatunde Ayanfodun (he/him/his)
Coordinator, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Katherine Shelton (she/her/they/them)
Coordinator, Survivor Support Services, Planned Parenthood of Greater NY
607-962-4686 Ext. 242116
Forms and Resources
SUNY CCC provides a variety of reporting forms and resources to better serve the needs of our CCC community members in the reporting of isolation and mistreatment in the work environment and classrooms, requests for reasonable accommodations and in the execution of fair and equitable search processes.
Report Sexual Assault/Violence
Student Rights & Responsibilities
Resources for Chosen Name at SUNY CCC