- Skills & Interest Inventories/Surveys
- Job Trends/Market Outlooks
- Setting Up Your Career and Academic Goals
- How To Choose a Major
- What Employers are Really Looking For and Work Values
- Employer/Company Research
- Networking Skills
- Job Search Assistance (summer jobs, internships, post-graduate)
- How to Make the Most Out of Career/Job Fairs & Dress For Success
- Job Application Assistance
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Mock Interview Practice
Are you undecided about your career direction? We can help you!
FOCUS2 CAREER guides students through a reliable, intuitive career and education decision making model to help explore occupations, choose a major at SUNY CCC, and make informed career plans and decisions. This tool is useful to current students who are undecided or changing their major, soon-to-be graduates, and SUNY CCC alumni.
To complete FOCUS2 Career Account:
- Go to FOCUS2 website
- Click on 'Register'
- Enter access code: corning (case sensitive)
- Create your account with a username and password
- Complete all assessments & contact Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
|For additional resources, please go to our Career Resources page.
Students, Faculty, & Staff: Check out our Career Planning Page on your MyCorning:
MyCorning → Student Resources → Academic Resources → Career Planning.
SUNY CCC appreciates our relationship with local employers. As a valued partner, you have the ability to post jobs, sign up for career fairs, and request to host an information session throughout our Fall and Spring semesters. More information is below:
- Post your jobs on our Baron Job Board: Email us at email@example.com to promote to targeted faculty/students! Please include the company/organization name, address/location, job title, part or full-time position, hours, salary, job description, how to apply, and any other information relevant for job searchers to know. Send us a copy of the job description/posting or a link to the posting on your company/agency/organization website.
- Host an Information Table on Campus: Please complete our online registration form to register for an on-campus information table. If you're interested in hosting an information session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Looking for Interns? If you have paid or unpaid internship opportunities available, or are interested in creating an internship program with SUNY CCC, please review our Employer Handbook for Internships. Please contact Christopher O'Connell at email@example.com with any specific questions regarding internship details.
Looking for employment opportunities?
Current students can search job postings made available through MyCorning. Once logged in, visit the Career Planning section of MyCorning and view the Employment Opportunities & Job Fairs section. Here you will find opportunities shared by employers seeking SUNY Corning Community College students and graduates.
Our office provides transfer advising and information on the various opportunities available at four-year institutions. We offer individualized transfer counseling, transfer workshops, Transfer Advisor-in-Residence (TAIR) Days, and special events including our Bi-Annual Transfer Fair in the fall and spring semesters.
View additional resources by logging into MyCorning and following the path below:
|MyCorning → Student Resources → Academic Resources → Transfer Planning.|
Our Transfer Agreement page allows you to view SUNY CCC's current partnerships with 4-year institutions in programs from Education to Health Sciences to Business to Technology and more. These agreements help ensure a smooth transfer process for our graduates, and help with planning to complete a bachelor’s degree within two years of full-time study upon transfer.
For Transfer Colleges/Universities:
Interested in hosting an information table on campus? Please complete our online registration form to register for an on-campus information table. If you're interested in hosting an information session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for some guidance on what your next steps are after graduating? Want to connect with current SUNY CCC students on your career path? Let us help! Connect with our Alumni Foundation and create a profile with GradCast below to get started!
GradCast: Now that you’ve done the work, show off your talent! We have partnered with GradCast to provide you with employment channels to help you get noticed by employers looking for your expertise. GradCast allows you to build your network of potential employers for the life of your career. This is a free service to alumni where you will be able to send up to 100 resumes to employers looking for talent just like you. It’s easy:
- Click the link your college and GradCast sent you.
- Create a password. (We already created an account for you to claim your graduation gift.)
- Upload your resume.
- Then, send resumes with the click of a button.
You will find regular workshops, professional and leadership development opportunities, career and transfer fairs, and much more listed on the MyCorning calendar and Red Baron Job Board!
To access the Red Baron Job Board:
MyCorning → Student Resources → Academic Resources → Career Planning → Employment Opportunities & Job Fairs
SUNY Corning Community College
The Commons Building
1 Academic Drive
Corning, NY 14830