Next Steps

Enrolled Students

Current Students -- schedule advisement appointment:


New SUNY CCC Students

Please visit to schedule an advising appointment.

Need to speak with an Admissions Recruiter? Please visit Meet with an Admissions Recruiter.


Below are details and resources to assist you with the enrollment process. If you have questions, please call 607-962-9151 or email

1) COLLEGE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (CID). Refer to your acceptance letter for this important number. You will need it to identify yourself for testing, financial aid, registering for courses, and more.

2) Visit MyCorning This is our College internal website. Activate your personalized account using your CID number. If you do not have that information, call 607-962-9151 . Sign into your college email, then visit MyBanner, Student & Financial Aid, and more. MyCorning (click here)

3) APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID Find more information about paying for college and scholarships. Make sure you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Our federal code is 002863. If you are a New York State resident, remember to also do the Tuition Assistance Plan (TAP) at Higher Education Services Corporation. Our NYS code is 2042.

4) TRANSFER CREDITS If you are seeking credit for prior college courses, we will need your official transcripts sent from the colleges you previously attended. Transcripts should be mailed to SUNY CCC Office of Admissions, 1 Academic Dr., Corning, NY 14830. Once an official transcript has been received, it will be evaluated for transfer credit. If you don't hear from us, please call us.

5) PLACEMENT TEST After reviewing your high school transcripts and any college credits, we may need you to take a placement test. If you are required to take a placement test, information on this placement testing page will be helpful to you. You will need to bring photo identification with you to this test.

6) REGISTER FOR CLASSES After you have completed any placement testing and had all previous college credit evaluated for transfer credit, schedule an appointment to register for classes on the Spencer Hill campus or at the Elmira Center. To schedule an appointment, click here or call our scheduling line at 607.962.9875. If you have any questions, contact the Enrollment Advisement Center at 607.962.9875 or email them at If you are undecided or unsure of what direction you are headed, our Career Services department can help! Contact them at

7) SUBMIT YOUR PRE-ENROLLMENT HEALTH FORM. All students who attend in person classes, or have a physical presence on campus for any reason, must submit documentation of up to date Covid vaccinations. Any student taking six or more credit hours is required to complete a Pre-Enrollment Health Form which must be signed and returned to acknowledge receipt of the included information on meningitis. Furthermore, if you are born after 12/31/1956 you are required to prove that you are not susceptible to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella by providing a complete and accurate vaccination record, documentation of illness for measles and or mumps, or documentation of positive serological testing. Questions about the Pre-Enrollment Health Form can be sent to SUNY CCC's Health Office at


8) LOOKING TO LIVE ON CAMPUS? We encourage you to consider living on campus. The process starts with a tour of the residence hall, which boasts some of the biggest rooms in the SUNY system. Living on-campus offers independence, convenience, and gives you choices that you won't have if you spend your time commuting. Click here to learn more!

9) REGISTER YOUR VEHICLE You can register your vehicle online here starting August 10.

10) SIGN UP FOR ELLUCIAN GO If you have a smartphone/mobile device, you can get quick access to some of your information in MyCorning (class schedule, events, campus contact information, etc.) through this app:

iPhone app                  Android app

11) NEW YORK STATE RESIDENTS If you have been a New York State resident for at least ONE year, you will need to complete a Certificate of Residency (COR) once every year. Please, follow the link below for instructions on how to obtain your COR, or call  607-962-9875 with any questions.


12) CLASS SCHEDULE and TEXTBOOKS Confirm the location of all your classes (on campus, off campus, online). To find out what textbooks you will need, go to MyBanner > Student & Financial Aid > Registration > Student Detail Schedule. It will show you the ISBN number, copyright, edition, etc.

13) COLLEGE PHOTO ID Your SUNY CCC ID may be obtained from the Student Life Office in the Commons on the Spencer Hill campus, or at the Greeter Desk in Elmira at the Academic Workforce Development Center, 318 Madison Avenue. You can also submit a photo online and we can mail your ID or have it ready for you to pick up in Student Life.


Contact us at or 607-962-9151 if you need help with any of these steps.