NEW & TRANSFER STUDENTS SCHEDULE AN ADVISEMENT APPOINTMENT
Please visit https://sunyccc.as.me/ready2reg to schedule an advising appointment.
Need to speak with an Admissions Recruiter? Please visit Meet with an Admissions Recruiter.
IMPORTANT ADMISSIONS UPDATE:
The Office of Recruitment & Admissions is committed to continue to provide services while following safe social distancing practices. While we are on-campus for in-person meetings on a by appointment basis, we also offer full services virtually. This includes academic advising and registration for future semesters.
If you are interested in meeting with us or speaking with an Admissions Recruiter, please call 607-962-9151 or email us at email@example.com.
NEW STUDENT CHECKLIST
1) COLLEGE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (CID). Refer to your acceptance letter for this important number. You will need it to identify yourself for testing, financial aid, registering for courses, and more.
2) Visit MYCCC This is our College internal website. Sign in to your personalized account using your username and temporary password. If you do not have that information, call 607-962-9151 . Sign into your college email, then visit MyBanner, Student & Financial Aid, and more. MyCCC (click here)
3) APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID Find more information about paying for college and scholarships. Make sure you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.gov. Our federal code is 002863. If you are a New York State resident, remember to also do the Tuition Assistance Plan (TAP) at Higher Education Services Corporation. Our NYS code is 2042.
4) TRANSFER CREDITS If you are seeking credit for prior college courses, we will need your official transcripts sent from the colleges you previously attended. Transcripts should be mailed to SUNY CCC Office of Admissions, 1 Academic Dr., Corning, NY 14830. Once an official transcript has been received, it will be evaluated for transfer credit. If you don't hear from us, please call us.
5) PLACEMENT TEST After reviewing your high school transcripts and any college credits, we may need you to take a placement test. If you are required to take a placement test, information on this placement testing page will be helpful to you. You will need to bring photo identification with you to this test.
6) REGISTER FOR CLASSES After you have completed any placement testing and had all previous college credit evaluated for transfer credit, schedule an appointment to register for classes on the Spencer Hill campus or at the Elmira Center. To schedule an appointment, click here or call our scheduling line at 607.962.9875. If you have any questions, contact the Enrollment Advisement Center at 607.962.9875 or email them at EACenter@corning-cc.edu. If you are undecided or unsure of what direction you are headed, our Career Services department can help! Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7) SUBMIT YOUR PRE-ENROLLMENT HEALTH FORM. All students taking six or more credit hours are required to complete a Pre-Enrollment Health Form regardless of age due to mandatory meningitis education. While the meningitis vaccine remains optional, the education is required. Further, if you are born after 12/31/1956 you are required to prove that you are not susceptible to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella by providing a complete and accurate vaccination record, doctor documented illness for measles and mumps only, or by positive serological testing. Questions about the Pre-Enrollment Health Form can be sent to SUNY CCC's Health Office at Healthoffice@corning-cc.edu.
8) LOOKING TO LIVE ON CAMPUS? We encourage you to consider living on campus. The process starts with a tour of the residence hall, which boasts some of the biggest rooms in the SUNY system. Living on-campus offers independence, convenience, and gives you choices that you won't have if you spend your time commuting. Click here to learn more!
9) REGISTER YOUR VEHICLE You can register your vehicle online here starting August 1.
10) SIGN UP FOR ELLUCIAN GO If you have a smartphone/mobile device, you can get quick access to some of your information in MyCCC (class schedule, events, campus contact information, etc.) through this app:
11) NEW YORK STATE RESIDENTS If you have been a New York State resident for at least ONE year, you will need to complete a Certificate of Residency form within 30 days of your first class. These are mailed to each student after they have registered for classes or can be picked up in the Enrollment Advisement Center in the Commons. This document must be notarized, and the requirements for each county are different, so please check the back of the form for your specific county or call 607-962-9875 with any questions.
12) CLASS SCHEDULE and TEXTBOOKS Confirm the location of all your classes (on campus, off campus, online). You can view this in MyCCC under the STUDENT tab, Class Schedule. To find out what textbooks you will need, go to MyBanner > Student & Financial Aid > Registration > Student Detail Schedule. It will show you the ISBN number, copyright, edition, etc.
13) COLLEGE PHOTO ID Your SUNY CCC ID may be obtained from the Student Life Office in the Commons on the Spencer Hill campus, or at the Greeter Desk in Elmira at the Academic Workforce Development Center, 318 Madison Avenue. You can also submit a photo online and we can mail your ID or have it ready for you to pick up in Student Life.
Contact us at email@example.com or 607-962-9151 if you need help with any of these steps.