SHRM® Certification Preparation Course
Expert instruction offered in-person
SUNY Corning Community College has partnered with the Society for Human Resource Management to help participants in this class prepare for success on the SHRM exams. This in-person course offers a structured, comprehensive and effective way to prepare for the exam by combining expert instruction with unrestricted access to the 2023 SHRM Learning System.
Why Get Certified?
The SHRM Certified Professional® SHRM-CP® and SHRM Senior Certified Professional® SHRM-SCP® are the only behavioral competency-based HR certifications. When you become SHRM-certified, you have proven not only what you know but also how you can apply that knowledge on the job.
With SHRM-certification, you can:
- ·Increase your earning potential: HR professionals who pass the SHRM certification exam report earning salaries 7%-9% higher than peers who do not.
- ·Get promoted: Of SHRM-certified professionals who were promoted, 63% report that their credential was a key factor.
- ·Gain readiness: Certified professionals report a greater understanding of necessary skills.
Our in-person SHRM Certification Exam Preparation course draws on the expertise of Jenine Cleary, a SUNY Corning Community College training facilitator with more than 25 years of HR experience in local industry and several Senior level HR professional certifications. She is able to offer a comprehensive and effective course of study to prepare for success on your SHRM exam.
In our 36-hour, in-person course you will:
- Receive guidance from a SHRM-certified expert.
- Immerse yourself in a structured and supportive learning environment.
- Supplement your class-time learning with access to the complete 2023 SHRM Learning System.
- Personalize your learning experience with the content and tools you need to fill your unique knowledge gaps;
- Topics are presented in bite-sized pieces and related experiences of our training facilitator will supplement your knowledge and understanding of the topics.
With the 2023 SHRM Learning System to compliment your classes so you can study anytime and anywhere that fits into your schedule.
Network and collaborate with peers.
SHRM Certification Testing Window: December 1st, 2023 - February 15th, 2024
Tuesdays, September 26th, 2023 - December 19th, 2023
5:30pm - 8:30pm
Airport Corporate Park, 360 Daniel Zenker Drive, Horseheads, NY
Businesses in Chemung, Schuyler and Steuben interested in seeking funding to send promising leaders from their organizations to this training should contact CSS Workforce NY at 607-937-8337.
SUNY Corning Community College is committed to ensuring equal access to students with disabilities. If you believe that you will need accommodations while taking this course, please contact Accessibility Services by phone 607-962-9262 or email Accessibility@corning-cc.edu to begin the process of requesting accommodations. We strive to coordinate accommodations in a timely manner, but some accommodations may not be available when you need them if you do not give timely notice.