Welcome veterans and those of you still serving. We appreciate and value your service, and we are committed to supporting your academic and career goals.
Accredited by the Veterans Administration for educational benefits to qualified veterans, and under Chapter 35, Title 38, U.S.C.
Our academic programs and services are designed to accommodate your needs and our dedicated educational planner can help you begin or restart your college career to get the job you deserve, SUNY CCC offers teaching excellence; small class sizes; academic credit for military training; direct access to faculty and support services; and cultural and athletic activities.
Academic Credit for Military or Other Training Programs
Credit for military or other training programs may be earned through any of the following means:
- Military course work;
- Non-collegiate institution-sponsored courses/workshops as recommended for credit by the American Council on Education;
- Coursework approved by the New York State Education Department or a SUNY CCC associate dean;
- SUNY CCC approved training programs offered through industry.
Wellness Requirement: Students with military training may receive transfer credit towards the wellness requirement (1 activity credit and 1 awareness credit) by submitting an official military transcript or a DD214 that reflects completion of basic training.
Credit for Prior Learning: This program acknowledges lifelong learning, including military credit, on-the-job training programs, exams (CLEP, DSST, etc.) and special assessment of life/work learning (portfolio) development.
- Eligible Veterans receive a 100% tuition benefit. Eligible Veterans are New York State
residents discharged under honorable conditions from the U.S. Armed Forces and who
- Vietnam Veterans who served in Indochina between December 22, 1961 and May 7, 1975;
- Persian Gulf Veterans who served on or after August 2, 1990;
- Afghanistan Veterans who served during hostilities on or after September 11, 2001;
- Veterans of United States Armed Forces who served in hostilities that occurred after February 28, 1961 as evidenced by receipt of an Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Navy Expeditionary Medal or a Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal.
- Availability of GI Bill® (CH. 33, CH. 30, CH. 1606 and CH. 31) and Dependent Education Benefits (CH. 35). Please consult the GI Bill website for eligibility requirements, payment rates, and additional information regarding VA benefits.
- Approved non-credit courses include: Real Estate Sales Person, Natural Gas Training, Certified Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide, Welding and Pharmacy Technician.
Find answers to many common questions about the GI Bill®:
Military Records and Transcripts
Need your military records and transcripts? Contact the appropriate office listed below:
- Air Force
100 South Turner Blvd
Gunter Annex, AL 36114-3011
- Army, Navy, Marines & Coast Guard
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
6490 Saufley Field Rd
Pensacola, FL 32509-5243
- National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Dr
St. Louis, MO 63138
Resources for Veterans
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Complete online degree programs and courses accessible from the comfort of your home
- Participation in SUNY CCC’s Veterans’ Association Student Club
- Personal assistance in filing for and obtaining benefits
- Personal advising and counseling assistance with SUNY CCC's Veteran Services Coordinator
- Veterans student lounge located in the Commons Building M128
- Get discounts on various events from vettix.org