Card Replacement & Care

Card Replacement

If your card is lost or stolen you'll need to deactivate it immediately by visiting Student Life or the Elmira Welcome Desk for a new ID.

  • We can issue you a new ID card for a $15 replacement fee charged to your Student Account.
  • Filing a police or Public Safety report does not waive the replacement fee of a stolen card.
  • The replacement activates services immediately, such as Flex Dollars, Resident Meal Plan, and Perry Hall access.
  • Only the latest card printed is valid. All older cards will no longer work
  • If your status (ex. Student to employee) or name changes approved by the College and you bring in your old card, we'll replace it for free.
  • If your card stops working or is broken, bring in the card and we’ll replace it for free.



If you take care of your ID card it should last four to five years. It's a good idea to keep your card in a protective case to reduce the risk of damage.


We will replace non-functioning ID cards that exhibit normal wear and tear at no charge. Normal wear and tear includes damage that may be caused by swiping the card through authorized equipment.

This may include the following:

  • Horizontal wear on the magnetic stripe
  • Clean horizontal break of the card (must have both pieces)

Do not:

  • Mark or bend your card
  • Punch holes in your card
  • Scratch the magnetic stripe on your card
  • Use your card as an ice scraper
  • Allow your card to rub against the raised lettering of other cards

Tampering (labels/stickers, burning/branding, or punching holes) with ID cards and/or making color reproductions is prohibited. Cards that are in violation of this policy will be assessed the replacement fee regardless of the card's condition.