Red Baron Leadership Academy
Student Leadership Opportunities at SUNY CCC
About the Leadership Academy
The Academy provides a step-by-step program for members to build their leadership skills through participation, growth, and development as a person and how you work with others.
Members must complete the steps of the Academy to become an inducted member. This includes:
- Attendance at 6 monthly sessions (Monday evenings, 5:30-8pm)
- Active participation in session discussions
- Commitment to improve your leadership both on- & off-campus.
- Academy gear, leadership book, and dinner each session
- Professional Community Training: A professionally administered personality inventory helps you identify your own personality style, teaches you to recognize and appreciate other styles, and prepares you to interact effectively with others
- Leadership Certification: Awarded after completion of the Leadership Academy
- Education from both SUNY CCC and local leaders
- Graduation Honors: Proudly wear Red Baron Leadership Academy acknowledgment attire at Commencement as an inducted member
- Personal Success: Meet other student leaders at SUNY CCC, interact with a diverse group of people, and learn to lead more effectively
- Resume Enhancement: Academy membership on your resume sets you apart as a leader when applying to transfer schools and for employment
- Motivational Mondays: Get inspired each week by quotes from prominent leaders
How to Register
The activities provided on campus for SUNY CCC student members of the Academy are funded by Student Association.