Executive Assistant (Online)
Become a Certified Executive Assistant
For many organizations, executive assistants are the foundation of effective leadership teams. Executive assistants provide the structure and support systems that enable leaders and teams to function. They are invaluable problem solvers, coordinators and representatives for the organization's culture. This 100% online course will teach you the skills and procedures needed to work as an executive assistant. You will also be prepared to take the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) exam.
Job Outlook for Executive Assistants
- According to executive recruiting firm Robert Half, executive assistants are expected to take on responsibilities for logistical and management issues that support leaders at a high level. For that reason, strong, well-trained executive assistants are in demand and are usually well-compensated.
- Robert Half's 2019 OfficeTeam Salary Guide notes that executive assistants earn $53,250 per year, on average, compared to $35,750 for administrative assistants.
- Given the expectations for executive assistants, their role fits within the management category. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects demand for management jobs to grow by 7% between now and 2028, which is faster than the average rate expected for all jobs.
- Prepare to take and pass the IAAP Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) exam
- Develop basic practical and managerial skills
- Explore important topics in running operations in accord with legal requirements
- Learn about how taxes affect a business, whether it's a sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation
- Understand the process of negotiating, evaluate negotiation styles, and consider successful negotiation strategies for most environments
- Know the seven management disciplines essential to business success
- Effective organizational and business communication
- The fundamentals of administrative roles including human resources, financial responsibilities, and event and project management
There are no prerequisites to take this course.