Student Success Series: Tips and Tools for Remote Learning
Friday, May 22, 2020: 12:00 – 2:00pm
Join with Google Meet: meet.google.com/uiw-vnyq-opz
Join by phone +1 615-592-5497 PIN: 189 170 897#
We can help you with academic success!
Our professional learning specialists and peer tutors are available for the individualized assistance you need to succeed. Enrolled students have free access to tutoring in math, writing, science, and many other subject areas. The Learning Commons is a flexible and collaborative environment in our technology-rich, 21st century library, promoting interactive and engaged learning across subjects, research, and project development. Small group study; individual tutoring; online tutoring, including live video chat and document sharing; skills workshops; reserve textbooks, and computers and printing are available.
Writing (writing and reading for all courses)
Citation guides: APA, MLA, and Turabian-Chicago styles, handouts and practice exercises, reading and English course textbooks, links to helpful Internet resources, access to & help with adaptive technology, such as text-to-speech and speech-to-text software, research assistance by tutors and librarians
Math (basic skills through calculus)
Small group study, online tutoring, computer tutorials, videos, practice exams, solution manuals, calculators
Science (Biology, Chemistry, A&P, Earth Science and Integrated Science)
Help with practice problems, homework, lab and reading assignments, make-up labs, test prep, study techniques, lecture notes and lab supplies, science models, microscopes
Locations and Hours
- Comprehensive information on Learning Commons remote services can be found on MyCCC, Student tab, Learning Commons link
- Remote tutoring will be available 8am-8pm M-Th, 8am-4pm Friday, and 2pm-4pm Sunday.
- Any general questions about tutoring services can be emailed to the Learning Commons.
- Writing tutors will be available by email. Please indicate what aspects of your paper you want assistance with, and if possible, also share the instructor's assignment.
- Math, writing, and science tutoring will remain available for face-to-face video conferencing through your smartphone or other device. Email "Video Chat" to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org from your college email using the Chrome browser. We'll email you a link to a Google Meet video chat session. You can check for specific tutor's hours through the schedules on the Learning Commons page.
- This video explains how to use the video chat tutoring feature that will work for math, writing or science tutoring.
Ongoing Night-time STAR-NY Online Tutoring
STAR-NY Online Tutoring is available to SUNY CCC students for online tutoring from 7pm to midnight Sundays through Thursdays throughout the semester. A professional SUNY college tutor assists the student in a live 1-on-1 tutoring session that uses both text-based chat and an interactive whiteboard for up to an hour per night in the following areas: writing, math, chemistry, biology, physics, psychology, economics, computer science, nursing, and accounting.