Executive Assistant with Microsoft Office Master 2019 (Online)
Become a Certified Executive Assistant
For many organizations, executive assistants are the foundation of effective leadership teams. This 100% online course will teach you the skills you need to work as an executive assistant. You will also be prepared to take the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exams.
Job Outlook for Executive Assistants
Robert Half's 2019 OfficeTeam Salary Guide notes that executive assistants earn $53,250
per year, on average, compared to $35,750 for administrative assistants.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects demand for management jobs to grow by 7% between now and 2028, which is faster than the average rate expected for all jobs.
- Prepare to take and pass the IAAP Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) exam
- Prepare to take and pass Microsoft’s MO-201 (Excel), MO-101 (Word), MO-300 (PowerPoint) and MO-400 (Outlook) exams
- Develop basic practical and managerial skills
- Explore important topics in running operations in accord with legal requirements
- Learn about how taxes affect a business, whether it's a sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation
- Understand the process of negotiating, evaluate negotiation styles, and consider successful negotiation strategies for most environments
- Know the seven management disciplines essential to business success
- Effective organizational and business communication
- The fundamentals of administrative roles including human resources, financial responsibilities, and event and project management
There are no prerequisites to take this course.