Are you feeling like you need to “do something”, “help in some way”, “be different”, or “respond” in a way that provides support for our diverse community members? Do you believe that things need to change but – you aren’t sure what to do or how to help?
Join us for:
Modern Racial Dynamics
(Moving Beyond Being Talked At, Not Shying Away from Uncomfortable Conversations, Personal Introspection & Moving Toward Action!)
Leading us in this five-part series is Marcus Brooks, who will be walking us through conversations which will help each of us dig deep, unpack thoughts and begin to see and respond to the racial injustices within our own lives, businesses and communities.
We will touch on, focus on, and discuss:
- origins of race and how it has changed over the years with respect to state lines and how we have been affected by it.
- examples of systemic injustice in the United States as well as the direct and indirect consequences; and foundations of implicit bias.
- why people are protesting, rioting and looting; and what’s fascinating, frustrating and amazingly insulting and annoying about the most recent iteration of uprisings.
- how “I” or “we” act on the information we’ve received so far? What do I do with the thoughts in my head, feelings in my heart and soul? What level of engagement is appropriate, achievable and sustainable?
- ensuring that our moral compass(es) are correctly calibrated so that we can each navigate through the next decade and answer for ourselves…. “how can I ensure that me and my team are on the right side of history and ideally a few steps ahead of the current curve?”
Each session will make you think deeply and encourage you to invest yourself in the work necessary to embrace real change.
Thursdays - 4/8, 4/22, 5/6, 5/20, 6/3
Online via Zoom
To ensure we can properly run this course, please register at least a week before the start of class. If you would like more information or to register after that, please contact us at 607-936-5501 or email@example.com to check class availability.