- Recognized as "military friendly" by G.I. Jobs Magazine.
- Accredited by the Veterans Administration for educational benefits to qualified veterans, and under Chapter 35, Title 38, U.S.C.
- Member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) and Concurrent Admissions Program (CONAP)
Our academic programs and services are designed to accommodate your schedule, location, and availability. Whether you want to begin your college career, restart your education, or get the skills you need to get the job you deserve, CCC provides an array of opportunities. CCC offers: teaching excellence; small class sizes; academic credit for military training; direct access to faculty and support services; and cultural and athletic activities.
- Academic Credit for Military or Other Training Programs
- Financial Benefits
- Additional Benefits
- Military Records and Transcripts
Academic Credit for Military or Other Training Programs
Credit for military or other training programs may be earned through any of the following means:
- Military course work;
- Non-collegiate institution-sponsored courses/workshops as recommended for credit by the American Council on Education;
- Coursework approved by the New York State Education Department or a CCC associate dean;
- CCC approved training programs offered through industry.
Wellness Requirement: Students with military training may receive transfer credit towards the wellness requirement (1 activity credit and 1 awareness credit) by submitting an official military transcript or a DD214 that reflects completion of basic training.
Credit for Prior Learning: This program acknowledges lifelong learning, including military credit, on-the-job training programs, exams (CLEP, DSST, etc.) and special assessment of life/work learning (portfolio) development.
- Eligible Veterans receive a 100% tuition benefit. Eligible Veterans are New York State residents discharged under honorable conditions from the U.S. Armed Forces and who are:
- Vietnam Veterans who served in Indochina between December 22, 1961 and May 7, 1975;
- Persian Gulf Veterans who served on or after August 2, 1990;
- Afghanistan Veterans who served during hostilities on or after September 11, 2001;
- Veterans of United States Armed Forces who served in hostilities that occurred after February 28, 1961 as evidenced by receipt of an Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Navy Expeditionary Medal or a Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal.
- Availability of GI Bill (CH. 33, CH. 30, CH. 1606, CH. 1607, and CH. 31) and Dependent Education Benefits (CH. 35.). Please consult the G.I. Bill website (www.gibill.va.gov) for eligibility requirements, payment rates, and additional information regarding VA benefits.
- Approved non-credit courses include: Real Estate Sales Person, Natural Gas Training, Certified Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide and Pharmacy Technician.
Find answers to many common questions about the G.I. Bill:
- Complete online degree programs and courses accessible from the comfort of your home
- Multiple CCC locations throughout Steuben, Schuyler, and Chemung Counties
- Participation in CCC’s Veterans’ Association Student Club
- Personal assistance in filing for and obtaining benefits
- Personal advising and counseling assistance with CCC's Veteran Services Coordinator
Military Records and Transcripts
Need your military records and transcripts? Contact the appropriate office listed below:
100 South Turner Blvd
Gunter Annex, AL 36114-3011
Phone: (334) 649-5000
- Army (Basic Active Service Date BASD after 1 October 1981)
- Navy and Marines
ATTN: Virtual Education Center
1905 Regulus Avenue, Suite 234
Virginia Beach, VA 23461-2009
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
6490 Saufley Field Road
Pensacola, FL 32509-5243
- National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138
- Coast Guard
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Commanding Officer (RO)
5900 SW 64th St., Room 228
Oklahoma City, OK 73169-6691
Resources for Veterans
- Military Transition Resource Center
- Warrior-Scholar Project: From the Battlefield to the Classroom - Facebook - Twitter