What is TRIO/SSS?
Student Support Services is a federal outreach program designed to identify and provide support services to students. Under TRiO, Student Support Services empowers students to address and overcome access challenges in higher education. The program focuses on purposeful educational planning, tutoring, and career counseling that prepares students for transfer/graduation and career success. SUNY CCC is funded to serve more than 200 participants each year.
The mission of TRIO/SSS is to provide supplemental comprehensive support services that are rooted in a strength-based approach personalized to each student to empower, equip, and engage learners toward successful completion of their post-secondary education in an envionment that promotes diversity, leadership, understanding, and life-long learning.
Who is Eligible?
A student must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or naturalized citizen, accepted and currently enrolled at SUNY CCC, seeking a degree. Students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (have parents who did not earn a 4-year college degree).
- Have an income that is within the income guidelines established by the Federal Government or be eligible to receive a Federal PELL grant.
- Have a documented disability.
- Have an academic need…past or current difficulties with academic requirements.
- Individualized academic advisement sessions
- Professional tutors in math, writing, and additional content courses
- A variety of engaging workshops in Time Management, Note-Taking,Test Anxiety, Stress Management and Financial Literacy.
- Visit and tour to four-year institutions
The Office of Student Support Services
1 Academic Drive
Corning, NY 14830
Office Location: Chemung Hall, Room CHM 100