Presidential Scholar Benefit
The recipient will complete his/her AA or AS* degree with no tuition debt and is guaranteed placement within a SUNY school to complete his/her bachelor’s degree. An AAS* degree recipient will complete his/her degree requirements with no tuition debt.
A scholarship award equal to New York State (NYS) resident tuition less Pell and TAP grants.
First-time, full-time applicants ranked in the top 10% of their graduating class; earning Regents diplomas from an accredited high school in Steuben County, Chemung County, or Schuyler County; and, graduating Spring 2015.
Number of awards annually
All eligible applicants who have applied for admission and filed FAFSA applications by April 15, 2015 will receive a Presidential Scholar award. Students must maintain class rank in Top 10% through high school graduation to remain eligible.
File CCC Admissions and FAFSA applications by April 15, 2015.
The Presidential Scholars program will pay for up to four semesters of NYS resident tuition not covered by Pell or TAP grants.
To receive this award, and continue to receive this award, a scholar must:
- Enroll in an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Sciences (AS) or Associate in Applied Sciences (AAS) degree program;
- Successfully earn (complete) at least 12 credit hours each semester (fall and spring semesters only) with a 3.0 semester grade point average;
- Maintain a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average;
- Complete all AA or AS or AAS degree requirements through no more than four (4) semesters of study over two (2) contiguous years; and,
- Graduate from CCC in no more than two (2) years.
Each recipient will sign a “commitment letter” agreeing to the above terms no later than June 1, 2015 for matriculation at Corning Community College fall 2015 – no exceptions, no deferrals.
Awardees must demonstrate college level proficiency in math, reading, and writing. Any developmental or basic skills coursework required as a result of assessment must be complete prior to fall term 2015 and will not be covered by this scholarship award.
Apply to CCC Admissions and file FAFSA by April 15, 2015; no separate scholarship application required.
*Associate of Arts or Associate of Sciences or Associate in Applied Sciences Degree – Debt-Free from Tuition