We offer many flexible options so that you can complete your degree while balancing your work, family, and personal life. This can be done through a combination of online and classroom courses, or completely online with degrees in Business Administration (A.A.S. & A.S.) or Liberal Arts and Sciences: Humanities and Social Sciences (A.A.& A.S.).
Internet courses are offered completely online with convenient 24-7 access to learning content. Hybrid or blended courses offer a mix of both in-class meetings and online instruction, reducing your travel to the college.
Find courses that are right for you:
- Click on "Class Schedule."
- Select the desired term and click "Submit."
- At the search screen, in the "Schedule Type" box, select "Internet" and click "Class Search."
Note: Some instructors require an in-person meeting or verification for special requirements. Contact the instructor or associate dean of the division with any questions.
Is online learning right for you?
With the right personal motivation and basic technical requirements, internet courses can be the perfect option for completing your degree. A successful distance learning approach requires:
- Daily study habits. Build strong time management skills by building the practice of studying into your personal daily schedule.
- A willingness to seek help. You are not in this alone! Be willing to reach out to your instructor and fellow classmates for support and guidance.
- Open SUNY offers an online assessment for people considering taking an online course or studying in a technology-rich environment. The assessment asks a variety of questions and provides a detailed analysis of the results as well as information to consider when taking an online course or a course that requires an unusual amount of technology.
- Basic computer skills. SUNY offers a tutorial if you need to brush up on basic computer skills needed for an online course.
Technical requirements include:
- Broadband Internet access
- Word processing program
How to access your online course
Blackboard is an online space where you can access your online course(s). It is also where CCC instructors post assignments, hold discussions, give tests and offer videos, lectures, podcasts and other course information. As a CCC student, you will be provided with your own personal Blackboard account. To access your course(s):
- Log in to MyCCC with your username and password
- Click on the Blackboard icon (upper right).
You can also access Blackboard directly at https://corning.open.suny.edu (use your MyCCC username and password).
Watch short videos on how to use Blackboard at the Blackboard On Demand Learning Center. Video topics include:
- submitting an assignment
- creating a discussion board post
- taking a test online
- sending e-mail from your course
- and much more.