SUNY Corning Community College believes that education should be affordable -- and accessible.
“It's our mission, and we hope this belief will let you finish your degree,” said Dr. William P. Mullaney, President. “Your Spring 2019 debt does not need to be a barrier to continuing your studies when you take advantage of our Barons Brought Back program.”
Former students who accrued debt during the 2018-2019 academic year are eligible for the Barons Brought Back program, which operates with the following parameters:
Students with a bill of $1,500 or less owed to SUNY Corning Community College and no other holds will be allowed to enroll for the Fall 2019 when the following are also true.
• Prior cumulative grade point average is 2.00 or higher and
• Student enrolls for no less than 12 or more credit hours for Fall 2019 and
• Student completes financial aid paperwork to have grants or loans in place to pay the Fall 2019 semester charges. (SUNY CCC’s Financial Aid Office stands ready to help students complete the application for Fall 2019.)
For students who owe more than $1,500 to SUNY Corning Community College, the College makes a different offer: students who pay enough to reduce the outstanding balance to $1,500 will qualify for Barons Brought Back.
Moving forward, good grades will help students erase outstanding debt. SUNY Corning Community College will reduce 1/3 of debt (up to $500) at the end of the Fall 2019 semester if the following is true.
• Student successfully completed at least 12 credit hours for the Fall 2019 semester and
• Student achieved an overall Fall 2019 semester grade point average of 2.00 or higher.
SUNY Corning Community College will continue to forgive outstanding debt for up to three semesters at the same rate and with the same guidelines.
Please contact our Educational Planning Center at 607-962-9460 or by email at email@example.com to begin the process to take advantage of the Barons Brought Back program and enroll in classes for Fall 2019.
Participation is limited to the first 50 students who enroll for Barons Brought Back and classes start August 19.