Frequently Asked Questions about Living on Campus

Many questions are answered in the Residence Life Handbook. Do you have questions not covered on this list or in the Handbook? Please email your questions to

How do I submit a Housing Contract and my deposit?

Once you’ve applied for Admission and been accepted, you can complete a housing contract and submit a $450 initial payment. After submitting your contract, you will be taken to a page to paying your initial payment.

What is the deadline to submit a contract?

Students are encouraged to submit their contract as soon as possible. Housing is NOT guaranteed. Spaces are filled based on the date their contract and deposit is received. The earlier a student submits their contract, the more likely we are to match spaces to their preferences (double, single, super single, etc.).

We will accept contracts and place students on a waitlist if we are full.

What types of rooms do you offer?

Check out the designs of our 3 different types of rooms. When you complete your housing contract, you can choose which room type you prefer.

Are the rooms furnished?

Yes, check out what is offered in your room and the rest of Perry Hall.

Can I pick my own room, roommate, and/or suitemate?

Returning residents have the opportunity to pick their room for the next year if they have submitted a housing contract prior to the room selection date. New residents are assigned to rooms based on the date we received their housing contract.

We will try to accommodate roommate and suitemate requests as long as those preferences are received by January 2 for Spring) or August 1 (for fall). Changes to your preferences should be emailed to After assignments are sent out we cannot make any guarantees that we will be able to honor preferences.

When is move-in day?

In the fall, move-in day is the Saturday before classes start. More information on the day's schedule will be sent to residents the first week in August.

In the spring, move-in day is the Sunday before classes start for new residents. Returning residents can move back in the day before classes begin.

Visit our Important Dates page for more information on arrivals, closings, breaks, and contracts dates.

What should I bring to my room?

Take a look at our suggestions of what to bring to your room and what you should leave at home.

Do I need to be a full time student to live in Perry Hall?

Yes. We recommend students enroll in 15-16 credits, but you must be registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours. Exceptions can be requested by contacting the Director of Student Services.

Does Financial Aid cover my room and meal plan?

It depends on your eligibility. Staff in the Educational Planning Center can discuss your options with you. Contact them at 607-962-9875.

What are the payment options available to me?

Students do have a few options. Staff in Student Accounts can discuss your options with you. Contact the Student Accounts Office at 607-962-9490.

How long will it take to process my housing application?

You will receive an email verifying you’ve completed each step of the process. Information on room assignments will be sent to your CCC email at the beginning of August (for fall) or January (for spring).

Is the meal plan required?

Yes, the meal plan is required for students living in the residence hall. Residents receive 17 meals per week. All meals are served in the dining hall. Information on the meal plan can be found here. If you have food allergies or other concerns you'd like to discuss with our Food Services staff, please contact them at (607) 962-9247.

Can I live on campus in the summer?

Yes, housing is available for students taking at least 3 credits at CCC during the summer. Information about summer housing will be available in March.

What if I need to cancel my housing contract?

Contract cancellations need to be submitted via email. Because the housing contract is a legally binding agreement, verbal cancellations cannot be accepted. 

What if I have a medical issue or accessibility concern that requires special housing accommodations?

Students who require special housing accommodations should contact the Accessibility Service office to make sure we can assist with any special accommodations. Visit their website or call 607-962-9262 for more information. Requests should be submitted by July 15 (for fall) or December 10 (for spring).