Are you interested in jump-starting your college career while exploring different career fields? CCC's Accelerated Senior Year is just what you need!
In an effort to cope with budget reductions, many school districts have eliminated advanced programs from their curriculum. In the past, students had the ability to fill their senior year schedules with meaningful electives. Unfortunately, many of these electives no longer exist.
CCC’s Accelerated Senior Year program is designed for academically accomplished students who have completed the majority of, or all, graduation requirements by the end of their junior year.
If you are interested in the Accelerated Senior Year program, please follow the guidelines below.
Who is Eligible?
- Students substantially completing their high school graduation requirements by the end of their junior year who wish to consider full-time study during their traditional high school senior year.
- Students with an academic background that includes three years of English, social studies, mathematics, and science at the Regents level.
- Students with an 85 average or higher in the above academic disciplines. Other appropriate courses may be included when calculating academic average.
What are the Benefits?
- Avoid the dreaded “senioritis” by keeping students engaged in learning.
- Get a jump-start on a college degree by completing general education requirements.
- Ease the transition to college academics and build confidence.
- Choose from a wide variety of courses that both interests and challenges students.
- Experience future career fields before committing to a specific degree program.
- Explore college life and the opportunities it offers.
- Strengthen college success rates by providing support at both the high school level as well as college.
- Save money by investing in a community college education.
What are the Next Steps?
- Complete an academic background that includes three years of English, social studies, mathematics, and science at the Regents level. An 85 average or higher should be achieved in these academic disciplines. Other appropriate courses may be included when calculating the academic average.
- Students considering early admission must be academically prepared to take college-level courses.
- Obtain a written recommendation from the high school principal or counselor which includes a statement endorsing study at CCC, and high school acceptance of CCC credits to meet graduation requirements.
- Obtain a written recommendation from parent or guardian.
- Compose a student-authored letter addressing academic goals and reason for attending CCC.
- Complete the Accelerated Senior Year Form.
- Meet with an admissions specialist.
Be sure that you do not miss out on valuable opportunities to foster your educational endeavors. Learn more by contacting the Office of Admissions at 607-962-9151 or firstname.lastname@example.org