Transfer Students

Transfer Students

Congratulations on your acceptance!

We are here to assist you throughout the entire enrollment process. You have an assigned Enrollment Advisor who will work with you to make sure you complete all of the steps necessary to start classes. Below is a checklist of the items you will need to complete:

  • Know your College Student Id Number or "CID" Number.
    Refer to your acceptance letter for this important number. You will need it to identify yourself for testing, financial aid, registering for courses, and more.
  • Submit official transcripts from prior colleges. 
    If you are seeking credit for prior college courses, you will need to have official transcripts sent from the colleges you previously attended. Transcripts should be mailed to CCC Office of Admissions, 1 Academic Dr., Corning, NY 14830.
  • Have your transfer credits evaluated.
    Once an official transcript has been received, it will be evaluated for transfer credit. See our transfer credit guide for a sample of previously evaluated credits listed by college. Credit evaluations will need to be completed before we can determine if you need to do placement testing.
  • Take all necessary assessment tests.
    Please refer to your acceptance letter for your assessment testing needs. Fill out the assessment sign-up form to sign up for the appropriate tests. Study guides for the assessments are available. If you would like to take the tests closer to home, check out our off-campus testing options.
  • Reserve your residence hall room (optional)
    View suite options and get information about living on campus. Reserve your room by August 1 and save $1,000.
  • Register for classes.
    Once you have completed assessment testing and had all previous college credit evaluated for transfer credit, you're ready to register for classes. Call the Enrollment Advisement Center at 607-962-9151 to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
  • Apply for Federal, State financial aid, loans and scholarships. 
    You can begin applying for financial aid at for the Fall semester as of January 1. CCC also offers a number of scholarship opportunities. Scholarship applications are due by April 1. Find more information about Paying for College. NOTE: Corning Community College’s Federal Code is 002863.
  • Submit your Student Health Questionnaire.
    All students taking six or more credit hours are required to complete a Pre-Enrollment Health Form regardless of age due to mandatory meningitis education. While the meningitis vaccine remains optional, the education is required. Further, if you are born after 12/31/1956 you are required to prove that you are not susceptible to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella by providing a complete and accurate vaccination record, doctor documented illness for measles and mumps only, or by positive serological testing.
  • Register for your parking permit. 
    Please see the Public Safety page for parking regulations.

Contact us at or 607-962-9151 if you need help with any of these steps.

StartUp CCC

Classes and homework ... it’ll come soon enough. Right now, it’s more important to make a friend or two. Find the dining hall, book store, and classrooms. Register today for StartUp CCC on August 23rd!