Associate Dean, Division of Professional Studies
We know you’re busy. Give us one night a week and time online for 16 months, and we’ll get you an associate’s degree in business.
SUNY CCC’s Accelerated Associate’s degree program in Business caters to your needs, including your busy lifestyle. The program -- from start to finish -- takes just 16 months. (Yes, classes are held during the summer!) Most classes are offered online. Friday nights, from 6pm to 9pm, class will be in session at Airport Corporate Park in Horseheads, NY.
Leading organizations in the Twin Tiers, including Fortune 500 companies, are anticipating workforce shortages as more and more Baby Boomers retire. This degree will prepare you for positions like Customer Service Associate, Retail Sales Associate, Store Manager, Administrative Assistant, Sales Support Specialist, Sales Supervisor, and Executive Assistant.
In addition to English and Math, students will take Principles of Business, Business Law (I & II), Business Applications, Accounting, HR Management, Professionalism, Business Communications, Economics, Office Management, Office procedures, and electives in Business, Humanities, Science, and Social science.
Outline of Coursework
- BUSN1040: Principles of Business offered Friday evenings at Airport Corporate Park
- ENGL1010: Composition I offered online
- ENGL1020: Composition II offered online
- MATH1110: Math offered online and onsite
- BUSN1231: Business Law I offered online and onsite
- BUSN1100: Computer Applications offered online
- BUSN1060: Customer Service offered online
- ACCT1000: Accounting offered online and onsite
- SPCH1080: Humanities elective offered online
Concurrent with semesters 3 and 4
- MGMT2047: HR Management offered at Airport Corporate Park
- BUSN1232: Business Law II offered online and onsite
- MKTG2050: Marketing offered online
- BUSN1055: Professionalism offered online and onsite
- BUSN1030: Business Communications offered online
- ECON1000: Elements of Economics offered online
- MGMT2045: Office Management offered online and onsite
- PSYCH1101: Social Science elective offered online
- BUOT2010: Office Procedures offered online
Concurrent with semesters 6 and 7
- ERTH1010: Science elective offered online and onsite
- BUSN1033: Business Math offered online
- SOCI1010: Elective offered online