Why SUNY CCC
The secret is out.
In a New York Times article, Tom Hanks credits his success to his time at a community college.
Dr. Eileen Collins '76, the first female pilot and first female commander of a space shuttle, got her start at Corning Community College.
For decades, community colleges have played a vital role in America’s educational system and continue to refute the “college at any cost” philosophy. Enrolling almost half of all United States undergraduate students, community colleges boast several important advantages for students.
- Community colleges adhere to an open admission policy, providing important access to degrees, training and certifications for those who might have challenges gaining admission to other colleges.
- Community colleges offer lower tuition, room/board, and fees, which means families do not have to sacrifice their current standard of living to support their college-age students and students will not graduate overwhelmed with debt.
- Community colleges offer more flexible curricula and class schedules.
- It won’t break the bank to explore career options and interests.
- Required courses during the first two years of college are pretty much the same, regardless of where your student attends. They’re just more reasonably priced at community colleges.
- Community colleges offer seamless transfer to 4-year degree programs. At CCC, students will find more than 50 articulation agreements with both private and public 4-year colleges and universities. In addition, graduates are guaranteed admission to a SUNY 4-year college.
According to an economic impact study completed by Economic Modeling Specialists, for every one dollar students spend on a community college education, they see a return on that investment of $3.80.
A quick tour of our website will illustrate SUNY CCC’s value in particular. Please explore! Then call us (607.962.9151) or schedule a tour.