Corning Community College offers more than 40 scholarships to help you pay for your education. For your convenience, we have one Common Scholarship Application that covers most of our scholarships. Only one application is required per applicant, and you will be considered for all scholarships for which you qualify. Availability for all scholarships is dependent upon funding for current-year distribution and can fluctuate on an annual basis.
Applications for the 2013-2014 academic year are due April 1, 2013.
Please review the information below before beginning your application.
Scholarship Application Requirements:
- The 2013-14 CCC Scholarship Application must be completed and submitted all at one time. You will not be able to fill out the form partially and complete it later. Please have all materials prepared ahead of time.
- At least one letter of recommendation is required. Letters should be from individuals (other than relatives) who are familiar with you and your goals to further your education. The scholarship application will ask that you identify the names of individuals who will submit a letter on your behalf. Letters must indicate your name as the applicant, and be received prior to the scholarship submission deadline. Materials should be mailed to: CCC Student Administrative Services, Scholarship Committee, 1 Academic Dr., Corning, NY 14830.
- An essay is required (250-word minimum). Tell us how CCC will help you achieve your educational and career goals. How do you demonstrate your strong character, and what inspires you to strive for excellence? How do you plan to contribute to CCC's learning community (e.g. through your participation in the classroom, events, leadership, clubs, sports, etc.)?
- To be considered for scholarships with criteria based on financial need, you must submit your FAFSA by April 1, 2013.
- Incomplete applications or materials received after the deadline will not be reviewed (this includes Letters of Recommendation and FAFSA).
- Scholarship awards are distributed in two equal installments (fall and spring). In order to receive the second distribution, you must return for the spring semester, maintain appropriate enrollment status, and remain in good academic standing.
- Please note that receiving a scholarship can impact your eligibility for state and federal financial aid.
Please contact Student Administrative Services at 607-962-9875 or email@example.com with any questions regarding scholarships.
Scholarships (common scholarship application required)
You can apply for these scholarships by submitting the CCC Common Scholarship Application.
- Abbie J. Chapman '75 Nursing Scholarship - This scholarship is available to a new or continuing CCC student enrolled in the Nursing program.
- Alumni Family Scholarship - This scholarship was established by the CCC Alumni Association's Benefits Committee for children and family members of alumni.
- Anna S. Hanas Scholarship - Applicants for this scholarship must be a full-time student and a graduate of a high school district from the Southern Tier/Finger Lakes area of New York State.
- Bonnie and Viola Scholarship - Applicants for this scholarship must be a full-time student and a graduate of a high school district from the Southern Tier/Finger Lakes area of New York State. Preference will be given to those students who are the first generation in their family to attend college.
- Carl H. and M. Suzanne Blowers Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to a full-time student who is a resident of Schuyler County who graduated outside the top 10% of his class, who displays a potential for success at a higher level and demonstrates a positive character and a passion for learning.
- Class of 1960 Scholarship - This scholarship is available to someone experiencing college for the first time and who most parallels the college experience of the students in the Class of 1960.
- Conrad R. and Lucy A. Stemski Scholarship - This scholarship is available to a full-time student pursuing an academic program in Math or Science.
- Corning Credit Union Scholarship - This scholarship is available to a full-time student interested in the field of banking and finance.
- Daniel S. Hoover Memorial Scholarship - This scholarship is available to a full-time student who is in good academic standing and has a strong desire for education.
- Emma Donegan Scholarship - This scholarship provides two $2,500 scholarships and will be awarded to graduates of the Corning Painted Post School District with preference given to graduates of Corning East High School.
- Ernest E. Johnston Memorial Scholarship - This scholarship will be awarded to two graduates from the Corning-Painted Post City School District with the best mix between financial need and academic performance.
- First Heritage Federal Credit Union Scholarship - This scholarship is available to full-time students pursuing an academic program in Math, Business or Accounting.
- Florence Healy Nursing Scholarship - This scholarship was established to provide financial assistance to defray expenses beyond those of tuition for a full-time CCC Nursing student.
- Gloria and Kenneth Matthews Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to a full-time CCC student who graduated from the Corning, Elmira or Horseheads school district. Preference will be given to a student of African American descent.
- Helen and Waldo Longwell Scholarship - Applicants must be a first generation college student and a graduate of a High School District from Chemung County in New York State.
- Hilliard Foundation Scholarship - To be eligible, a student must be a full-time student enrolled in the Machine Tool Technology Program or related program approved by the Hilliard Foundation.
- J-Rodz Scholarship - Applicants must be a graduate of a High School District in Chemung, Schuyler or Steuben County and interested in the Autobody or Autotech field.
- James Roggow Memorial Scholarship - This scholarship is available to full or part-time students with a high school average of 85 or above for new students or a minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average for continuing students.
- Jeremiah and Margaret Reagan Family Fund - This scholarship is available to full-time students with preference being given to students that reside in Chemung, Schuyler or Steuben Counties.
- Kelly Oakley Endowment Scholarship for Women - To be eligible, applicants must be a female student in her second year (sophomore status) enrolled full-time at Corning Community College. Preference will be given to a "non-traditional" student (an "older" student or one who has returned to school to perhaps prepare for a second career).
- Kelly Skoreski Memorial Scholarship - This scholarship was established to provide financial assistance to a graduate from Elmira Free Academy matriculating into CCC's Nursing Program.
- McInroy Fund - Awarded to an outstanding entering freshman who has demonstrated a commitment to our environment and who has distinguished himself/herself academically by effort and not merely by good grades.
- New York State Federation of Home Bureaus, Inc. Scholarship Fund - This fund provides five (5) equal awards to continuing full-time students who reside in a county with a Home Bureau Chapter.
- Nursing Careers Scholarship for First Year Nursing Students - Applicants must be new entering full-time students in Corning Community College's Nursing Program.
- Nursing Careers Scholarship for Nursing III Students - Applicants must be enrolled in the Nursing III (NURS 2100) course in Corning Community College's Nursing Program.
- Piggee-Sheafe Memorial Scholarship - This scholarship was established in the memory of Howard and Geraldine Piggee and Harry and Vera Sheafe to supplement or offset the expenses of a non-traditional full-time Corning Community College student.
- Professional Educators of Corning Community College (PECCC) Scholarship - One scholarship is available to a graduate of a high school in Chemung, Steuben, or Schuyler counties enrolled at CCC full-time. An additional scholarship will be available to one continuing student enrolled at CCC full-time.
- Promotion of International Understanding Scholarship - This scholarship will be awarded to a full-time, new or continuing student who possesses and interest in the promotion of international understanding through education and experience.
- Robert and Hertha Rockwell Scholarship - This scholarship is available to a new or continuing student enrolled in CCC's Liberal Arts and Sciences program full-time.
- Robert L. & Leonora Gross Scholarship - This scholarship provides an award of $1,000 to a graduate of Corning-Painted Post East High School who is enrolled full-time at CCC and is pursuing an academic program relative to the sciences.
- Sandra Justice Hall Scholarship - The purpose of this scholarship is to assist a new Corning Community College student enrolled in at least nine (9) credit hours per semester.
- Shannon Lynn Smith Memorial Scholarship - The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to a new or continuing full-time student. Preference will be given to those overcoming a disability and/or pursuing a career in education, specifically special education.
- Thomas and Barbara Blumer Early Childhood Education Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to a full-time student enrolled in an early childhood development program.
- Waaland Presidential Scholarship - This scholarship is presented to a full-time student selected by the President of the College.
- Werner International Scholarship - This scholarship is for an international student who is enrolled full-time, who has an excellent academic record, and who exhibits an interest in promoting international understanding.
Scholarships (common scholarship application not required)
For the scholarships below, it is not necessary to submit the CCC Common Scholarship Application. For specific details about each scholarship, follow the links below.
- Big "O" Emergency Loan: Norma B. Rogers Memorial - The purpose of the fund shall be to provide emergency loans to CCC students as a "bridge" for those with needs while financial aid or other financial resources are being processed.
- Dan McGarry Scholarship - To qualify, a student must be a full-time CCC students with one or more disabilities or who has overcome significant hardship to pursue his or her higher education.
- Dewey Family Fund for Community Service - This fund will provide up to $250 twice a year to encourage academic classes, individual CCC students and/or recognized student groups to engage in community service in select New York and Pennsylvania counties. Proposals are due prior to the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
- Doris A. Bovee Memorial Scholarship - This scholarship was established to provide assistance to a female CCC student who wishes to better herself and is not receiving another scholarship from CCC or financial assistance (such as TAP etc. - with the exception of student loans).
- Mark Adessa Fund - This scholarship was established to assist students in acquiring tools needed for coursework in the automotive Technology programs.
- Presidential Scholars Award - This scholarship is awarded to first-time, full-time applicants ranked in the top 10% of their graduating class, starting Spring 2013, earning Regents diplomas from an accredited high school in Steuben County, Chemung County, or Schuyler County.
- Storflex Fixture Corporation Scholarship - This scholarship is available to entering CCC students who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance.
*** Personal Privacy Protection Law requires this notice to be provided when collecting personal information from individuals. The authority to collect personal information is based on Section 355 (2) (h) of the New York Education Law.