Apply to be a Resident Assistant (RA) Today!
Resident Assistants (RAs) are student leaders who live on a residence hall floor and serves as a peer counselor, resource, and referral person, advocate, role model, policy enforcer, activity provider, and group leader for the approximately 25-50 residents in his/her area. The RA also performs weekly duty responsibilities, plans social and educational programs, and completes administrative tasks associated with the operation of the residence hall.
Application Deadline: Applications Due by April 29 at 2:00 pm to the Director of Residence Life (Gym 210)
To serve as an RA, you should possess good judgment, strength of character, self-confidence, a strong sense of responsibility and sensitivity, and an understanding of the needs of many different types of individuals. The following basic conditions must be met to serve in the position:
- Completed one semester of college
- Enrolled full-time as a student at Corning Community College and must attain a minimum GPA for the last semester of 2.2 or higher. Preference given to those that have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Maintain good judicial standing with Corning Community College
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes a living learning environment by providing at least three (3) community development activities per semester
- Responds to student needs and concerns
- Hold at least two floor meeting with assigned residents each semester
- Carries out administrative responsibilities such as completion of room condition reports, checks students into, out of assigned rooms, conduct room inspections, and prepares other administrative report and paper work as requested
- Communicates, interpret and consistently enforce residence hall polices, regulations and the College’ Code of Conduct
- Refers students when appropriate to other college offices or staff that might best assist the student
- Assists with hall opening and closing procedures and incoming student orientation
- Be present during assigned duty hours and at all-time know who is on duty
- Participate in residence life staff meetings
- Immediately inform the hall director or Director of Residence Life of any unusual occurrences in the hall
- Room Waiver (single room with private bathroom)