Associate in Applied Science Degree, Career Program
65 credit hours
What will students do in the program?
- Develop a solid foundation in industrial data acquisition, analysis and communication.
- Obtain a general preparation for specialized industry training obtained after employment.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the key components of the current processes for energy production and industrial process control.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate and apply analytical tools required for environmental monitoring, assessment, and reporting for natural resource management.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the instrumentation relating to energy environmental management and industrial systems.
What kind of jobs will they get?
- Process Technician
- Energy Technician
- Regulatory Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Supervisor of Energy Technicians
- Supervisor of Process Technicians
- Field Supervisor of Sub-contractors
Salary Range: $40,000 - $75,000
Types of Courses in Program:
- Intro to Geographical Information Systems
- Chemical Principles, lecture and lab
- Elementary Physics, lecture and lab
- Environmental Geology
- Spreadsheet Applications in Technology
- Microcomputer Database Concept
- Fundamentals of Analog and Digital Electronics
- Industrial Electronics
- Intro to Analytical Organic Chemistry
- Energy Instrumentation Technology
- Chemical Instrumentation Technology
- LabVIEW Programming
Program RequirementsContact Info:
Brad Cole, Associate Dean of Instruction, Mathematics, Physics, Technology and Engineering Science
607-962-9243 or NY & PA 800-358-7171, ext 9243