Corning Community College uses the ACT WorkKeys® system as a tool to define, measure, and communicate workplace foundational skills to educators, students,
employers, and economic developers.
WorkKeys for educators will:
• Provide academic remediation
• Integrate WorkKeys into curriculum.
• Use WorkKeys levels for entrance requirements into technical programs.
• Document students’ abilities and improvement over the course of their
• Provide another option for learning relevant course material.
Earning the National Career Readiness Certificate prepares your students to enter the workforce and helps them to prove to employers they have the skills to succeed.
Benefits for Educators
• Help identify gaps between student skills and employment needs
• Align curricula to meet the job skills employers need
• Enable students to see a reason to take coursework seriously
• Improve students’ success in entry-level and subsequent jobs
• Provide students with a structured career pathway.
To learn more about WorkKeys for Educators, please visit www.act.org/workkeys/overview/education